Cast Stone Mantels, Fireplace Mantel, Limestone Fireplace, Marble Fireplace Mantels, Modern Fireplace Mantel
Modern Fireplace Ideas: Keep your Bedroom Warm & Cozy with the Burning Embers
The living room might be the usual choice for homeowners to install a fireplace, but there is an added charm and comfort to installing the same in your bedroom. Who would not want to snuggle up to the warmth of the smoldering embers of a cast stone or natural stone French fireplace on a cold winter night? However, since it is the bedroom, there are a few things to consider for safety reasons. We will discuss all that and more in this blog, including modern fireplace ideas for your bedroom.
Bedroom Fireplace: Things to Consider Before Installing
- Firstly, you need to determine the type and material of the fireplace for your bedroom. In the material, you can choose between marble, travertine, and limestone in natural stone, or you can go for a faux-stone fireplace, adding a cast stone mantel shelf to enhance the décor. In terms of the type of fireplace, you can choose between wood, gas, or ethanol.
- Secondly, you need to find the right size so that it fits perfectly in your room without taking up too much space. For instance, if the size of your room is 50 square meters, then the ideal size of the fireplace would be 1.5 meters.
- Thirdly, the fireplace should be at an elevation of 15-20 cms compared to the bed.
- Fourthly, you need to ensure that the fireplace has proper ventilation to let out the smoke and soot; otherwise, it might lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Last but not the least, to prevent fire hazards, make sure to use a fireplace screen.
You must keep these things in mind when installing a fireplace in your bedroom.
Modern Fireplace Ideas for the Bedroom
Now, let’s talk about some snazzy and cool bedroom fireplace décor ideas; improve the style factor while adding warmth to the room.
- Master bedrooms tend to have sufficient space, so you have lots of options to explore. You can install an elaborate marble or limestone fireplace, with surrounds and limestone fireplace mantels. Add a few pictures or showpieces on the mantel to add character to the room.
- If you are going for a modern contemporary look then glass-enclosed fireplaces, the ones inbuilt in the wall, with a bold and basic structure makes more sense and complements your vision.
- For the country rustic or bohemian look, you can choose to install a curved fireplace in the corner made from the material of your choice.
- If it is a marble or limestone mantle, you can place a flat screen above it’ completes the comfort factor of your room. You can watch your favorite shows while enjoying the warmth of the fireplace.
Keep the fireplace tools handy so that you can maneuver the fire whenever needed. If you have small kids or pets at home, be extra cautious when the fireplace is burning.
All the styles and fireplace décor ideas that we highlighted above can be sourced at Stone Fireplaces. It is one of the leading suppliers and manufacturers of stone and cast stone fireplaces, limestone and marble fireplace mantel, surrounds, fireplace tools, etc. You can either check out their website and place an order for a fireplace online or visit their showroom and buy directly from there.
Comments are closed